Friday, July 4, 2008

Computers...a necessary evil!!

Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a
cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.
1 Peter 2:16 (ESV)
Happy Fourth to everyone! I'm sorry it's been a week since I last posted. We've had a few computer issues and Dad just hasn't been able to squeeze fixing it in until this AM. I've noticed that computers can be really cool and totally frustrating all at the same time. Health-wise everything has been going pretty good. I'm still keeping one or both of my parentals up at all hours, LOL. One day I'll get this day/night thing down. Mommy and Daddy are praying it happens real soon, like NOW! I'm eating more and seem to be gaining a little weight, which is great, PRAISE! Acid reflux continues to be a nagging problem, but it is gradually getting better. My doc told us it's one of those things I would eventually grow out of, the key word being "eventually." Being a preemie means I am more vulnerable than full term new borns to getting sick. But my folks have been doing a good job of keeping me out of harms way. Their "no germs allowed" policy is rubbing off on some of our friends. The other day the Phillip's came by for dinner and Mrs. Deborah (another of my adopted Aunts) wanted to kiss the top of my head so bad she sanitized her lips. WOW, that's taking sanitation to a whole new level, LOL. She said the soap tasted horrible, but it was worth it. That's gotta make a guy feel good that someone would purposely wash their lips just so they could kiss you.

The above picture was taken last Sunday after lunch. Meme and Pop came up for lunch and to spend the afternoon just hanging out. Well, after we all had our bellies full a nap was the natural consequence, LOL. Mommy and Daddy crashed on their bed, Pop nodded off watching TV in the living room, and Meme and I dozed in the sunroom. Isn't that what Sunday afternoons are for?

As I've blogged over these past few months, occassionally there has been mention of my Mommy's brother, Brian, and his wife, Katie, and their daughter, Marie. They live in Iowa. Well, Aunt Katie's Dad, Ken, made some slideshows of when I was in the NICU. I've included them at the bottom of this post. It's neat to look back at the early pictures of when I was in the NICU. It seems so long ago when it has only been a few months since my arrival. I've changed so much!! He set them to some of my folks favorite hymns. Thanks Mr. Miller!!

Thanks to everyone for their continued prayers and support. It means so much to know that there are people lifting you up to the throne of grace. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their holiday weekend. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing! Later, JSR.







No comments: