Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy Week

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
Psalm 138:8 (ESV)
It's been a busy week and I just haven't been able to squeeze in an update. Hopefully, at the end of this month our schedule will undergo a drastic make-over and the "routine" will be more manageable. Well, that's the plan, LOL.

On Monday I went for my first visit with my pulmonologist, Dr. Lozano. He's going to be a very important person for me and my development. My biggest hurdle over the next year or so is going to be lung development. My lungs are plenty strong and I breath pretty effectively. I was breathing at a O2 saturation rate of 97% on Monday, which Dr. Lozano said was GREAT! PRAISE!! He wants me to consistently stay in the high 90's and so far I have. So, it's not an issue with the mechanics or act of breathing. The issue is with my ability to fight off any respiratory "gremlins", like a cold. A small cold could put me in the hospital for a couple of weeks because my lungs can't handle the extra load a cold causes. The reason for this is that right now I have a low number of the air sacs that help us breath. These sacs start developing in the womb around the 32nd week. If a baby is out of the womb at that time, which I was, then growth is severely hampered. The good news is that as I grow I'll catch up and in a year or so things should be normal. That may be more info than you wanted, but at least you're informed, LOL. Please pray that everything goes well and that I make HUGE strides in this area. So far I am doing well, PRAISE! The Lord continues to prove himself to be a faithful Companion and a gracious Master. Like that's a surprise!!

Another prayer concern is my eating and weight gain. I am having trouble staying awake during feedings. To say the least this is very frustrating for my folks. Pray that I begin to stay awake and alert long enough to take a full bottle. I need to get as fat as possible to gain strength and stamina. I'll bet you don't hear that one very often, LOL. One last prayer request from my Mom and Dad. Pray that I get my days and nights straightened out. Currently I am a little confused about which is which. I'm cool with it, but Mommy and Daddy aren't thrilled with the status quo.

The rest of the week has been the same ole same ole. I did experience a couple of life's first this week. Last Saturday we ventured out of the house to go somewhere other than the doctor or the drive thru pharmacy. We went to the Phillips' for dinner and TV. My first dinner at a friend's house, it was really fun! I got to meet their dog, Lilly. She's big, but real sweet. The other first happened yesterday. Mommy had to go to the dentist and Daddy was working and I couldn't go with either one of them. It was the first time I was alone with someone other than one of my parents, my first baby sitter. Mrs. Corn stayed with me for a couple of hours or so. She's a nice lady and we had a good time cuddling. Well, that catches you up on the latest. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Later, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - I have been thinking of you since Sunday when we chatted after church! If I had one more thing to add it would be something Laura Morgan once told me when I stopped her one day after church and had basically the same conversation you and I had. It is that I am only a vessel. It's an honor really to know that God has given me a heart to sympathize particularly with new moms. I give him all the glory in the fact he gave me the knowledge, patience, and peace in my heart to get through those hard days. I'm really glad the words he chose for me that day, gave you hope. You 3 are such an inspiration to our little family too! As I promised, I wanted to give you my phone number...640-2990. Most days I am at home, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays my 2 year old has Mother's Day Out. I will make it my mission to come see you guys soon!