Friday, June 27, 2008

Just Hangin'

Hello, I hope everyone had a great day is looking forward to a relaxing weekend. The last couple of days have been pretty good for me. My sleep had been eratic and my appetite is up and down. I have some real issues with being gassy, which is throwing the machinery into a lurch. My Pediatrician, Dr. Harmon, isn't too concerned about it at this point. Everything is just the "normal" baby stuff and not specifically related to me being a preemie. So, in a way, all this is good news. However, I'm quickly learning again that "good news" doesn't necessarily mean smooth sailing. I thought I had learned this lesson in the NICU. Praise the Lord I haven't had to deal with any of the really serious issues some preemies do. My folks are quick to say they're happy to deal with the normal and bypass the serious. DUH, ya think! Been there, done that, and got the shirt to prove it.

Please pray that I get through this gassy "stage" asap. Everybody groans about the parents having to change all those diapers, 24/7. This seems odd to me since the one in a real mess, literally, is the one filling them up. Think about it, when a baby has a dirty diaper we don't laugh, we cry. Why? Because it stinks and is very uncomfortable. There's much more I could say about that, but I'll move on to a more pleasant subject.

As the above picture shows I spend a ton of time just hangin' and cocentrating on growing. My doc says I should be gaining around 3/4 of an ounce each day, which I have so far, PRAISE! I'm gonna run for now. I need to cry so Daddy can give me a fresh diaper, LOL. I've included a short clip of me and Mommy relaxing in our sun room. We like the sun room. Most days you can find us and Annie, our cat, sitting out there taking in all the sights our back yard has to offer. Later, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, he's a cutie! When Brandon was tiny I found comfort in the ordinary. It forced me to slow down and take in the little things that I take for granted. Sometimes I miss those days of sitting by the window with him in my lap just enjoying the backyard and savouring the quiet.