Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Sleeper

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great week. Our weekend was pretty tame, uneventful, and sleepless. Basically, Mom and Dad took care of me in shifts. Mommy took days because she's not much of a night person while Daddy took the night watch. He requires less sleep than Mom and can function normally in the late night/early morning hours. He credits genes, years of working nights, and a big dose of GRACE for this "gift." My folks had been real concerned about my sleep pattern and the fact that nothing seems to help much. Friday night... or was it Saturday morning... Daddy and I got on the computer and read a lot about preemies and sleep disorders. We found out that the overwhelming majority of preemies struggle with sleep issues for their first year. We looked at a lot of message boards, chats, and blogs where the parents of premature babies gave advice, "tricks," and encouragement. It was very helpful, but when Daddy related this info to Mom she was relieved that everything was "normal," but not exactly jumping for joy, LOL! Please pray that I get over my sleep issues asap.

One cool thing that happened this weekend was my folks got to attend worship together on Sunday. A friend volunteered to watch me so they could go to church and lunch together. I could tell they had a good time and felt re-energized. Thanks Mrs. Corn!

The plan for this week is pretty much the same as every other week. Mommy and I will hang at the house unless we need to run the occasional errand. BTW, we only go to places with a drive thru where we don't get out of the van. I don't have anything scheduled so it looks like a lazy week is ahead of us, which is a good thing. I hope y'all have a great hump day and I'll check back in a couple of days. Later, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you have found online communities for premie parents. I joined a chat soon after I had Brandon, who wasn't a premie, I just needed someone to listen to me. You get real experiences and real advice from folks who've been there and that is refreshing. I'll be praying for the sleep to straighten itself out.