Monday, March 9, 2009

Last Synagis Shots!!

Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit' yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.'
James 4:13-15 (ESV)
Today is a GREAT day as it's last time I'll get Synagis shots this year. HUGE PRAISE!! I'll miss seeing Mrs. Kim, but I won't miss getting those shots. She listened to my lungs and stuff and gave me a big thumbs up. Dad asked her about next year, just looking ahead, and she said there was no guarantee that I would need them. It all depends on how I progress between now and Sept/Oct. Hopefully I won't need them! That's going to be a consistent prayer request around our house.

This past last week has been pretty good for me. I now have two teeth rising up through my gums. The other day I bit my thumb, like I always do, but this time I left a bite mark. It was a slight shock, but it does explain why my folks have been more reluctant to let me gnaw on their fingers, LOL. Another change that occurred was my Dad had to extend my Exersaucer to it's highest setting. It won't be long until I'll be able to climb out of it without any help. I wonder what they'll use to keep hemmed in once that happens? LOL.

Everything is progressing at normal pace. I'm taking fewer and fewer meds and going to the Dr. less and less. I'm in the low side of the normal range for my size and age, which is to be expected for preemies. However, my docs are pleased with my progress and say everything looks normal, PRAISE! The big thing now is how much I close the gap in the areas of speech and motor skills. This will be a point of emphasis for some time to come, but it's the same with most all preemies. We do have some catching up to do.

That pretty much catches you up with the latest. Pray for continued health and future progress. I'll post again in a few days, til then...Blessings, JSR out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have wondered about how ya'll are doing many many times. Needless to say when I got on your blog I was amazed at how much Jonathan is growing! God is so good. I'm so happy to see him doing so well. Hope I get to see you all real soon.