Monday, May 11, 2009

A Pilgrim Song

I look up to the mountains;
does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
He won’t let you stumble,
your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life!
Israel’s Guardian will never doze or sleep.
God’s your Guardian,
right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
sheltering you from moonstroke.
God guards you from every evil,
he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always.
Psalm 121 (The Message)

It's been a few days since my last post. We've had some Internet issues in our neighborhood the last couple of weeks which caused all of us to have limited to no service. So, let me catch everybody up on the latest. A couple of weekends ago we got together with some really good friends, the St. Johns, after church on Sunday. They've been good friends with my folks for almost nine years and have a ton of funny stories about the time they've spent together. We met for lunch and then went back to their place to sit out all the Tornado Warnings, LOL.

On Mother's Day weekend we went down to Meme and Pop's for the day on Friday. It was a good day and we ate really well, as usual. Pop grilled us some steaks and sausages, they were really good. My Pop is an excellent griller! Dad was preaching on Sunday so we stayed close to home and had our own family Mommies' Day fun. It was really low key and relaxing.

Last Tuesday we went out to Dale's Southern Grill, one of my folks' favorite restaurants. We were meeting one of my Dad's seminary profs, Dr. Smith, for dinner. He was my Dad's homiletics/preaching instructor at Beeson. Dr. Smith is my Dad's favorite preacher and we had a great time eating, talking, and laughing. Well, they did a lot of talking while I did a lot of eating. It was great to finally meet him. I especially liked playing with his beard.

The past few weeks had been pretty low key until this past Saturday when I took my first trip to the ER. Mommy and I were getting ready to go meet Dad and the Phillips at their house for supper when I had a little accident. I'm all good, but we thought it best that I get checked out. Preemies can be more susceptible to broken bones than full term babies. So, there's the possibility that a normal spill could cause more harm to a preemie than a full term baby. This was my first "event" so we wanted to make sure everything was OK. Daddy says we just road tested everything for the future, LOL.

Well, that pretty much gets you up on the good, the bad, and the ugly of the past few weeks. If we still have an Internet connection I'll post again in a few days. Blessings, JSR out.

No comments: