Thursday, June 4, 2009

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)



I know it's been a while since my last post. It hasn't been for lack of effort on my part. This post has been in the "editing" stage for over a month, but life happens and my parentals aren't always available to help a brotha' out. Things have been pretty tame around here the past few weeks with the most exciting event being my 15 month vaccinations, woo hoo!! I'm standing on my own for short spurts and I walk around the furniture like a trapeze artist. I hear "NO" and "Get away from that" on an all too regular basis. I go for a developmental analysis on Friday afternoon. Basically they're going to check my speech and motor skills. it's something almost all preemies have to deal with on some level. This will give us a clear picture on where I am compared to a full-term baby my age.



I am getting my first experience with the Alabama heat and humidity. Last year at this time I was stuck in the cool and comfy NICU. I'm also learning the world is much bigger than our house and my family/friends. After a year of being confined to the crib my folks are getting me out and about a lot these days. Speaking of the NICU, we went to the yearly reunion last month. It was great seeing all the people who took such fantastic care of me my first 105 days in this world. They all remarked about how cute I am, duh, and how big I have gotten. There were a ton of families there and we had fun getting reacquainted with the people who were a big part of our lives not so long ago.



I took my first road trip a few weeks back. We went to visit family in Oxford MS and a family reunion in Amory. I got to meet a ton of new people and hang in the pool with my Dad and some cousins. It was really cool. I love the water and can't wait to go swiming again, real soon. One night the adults went out for dinner and the rest of us hung out in the backyard. I had a blast rolling around in the cool grass and relaxing under a star lit sky. Of course I've been to the ALDI (grocery store), ACE, several restaurants, the homes of family and friends, church, the zoo (I really like animals), and the usual places people frequent. I usually spend the whole time just looking at everything.

Below are a lot of video clips of different stuff and I've added some pictures to the albums. Forgive the poor quality on some, they were shot using my folks' cell phones. Hopefully, I'll not have to deal with anymore labor issues and it won't be so long between updates. JSR, out.



















No comments: