Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'M BACK!!


After a few days away...well, actually a little over two weeks... I have taken up the keyboard again to write about my life as a preemie adjusting to life in a HUGE world. While I was on my sabbatical from blogging much has happened. In summary, I've been doing really well. Most days are spent hanging around the house with Mommy while Dad works. I deal with all the normal baby issues and a few more particular to preemies. I still don't have the whole day and night thing down, which is a little challenging for my folks, LOL. Also, I have reflux issues so sometimes my feeds upset my tummy and we have the normal spitting and such. I fight sleep sometimes, but there's so much going on I don't want to miss anything new that might happen. And there is the occasional fussing for no apparent reason or maybe it's just because I can, LOL. Because I'm a preemie I have to be careful to stay warm and I have to be careful about when I venture outside. I have the occasional visitor, which is cool. Of course my folks make sure everyone follows the rules, literally. They have a list of rules posted on our front door and if you can't meet their requirements then you can't come in. Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS! It's kinda funny they're so serious about it, but I'm glad they're looking out for me.

My weight is good, my breathing is fine, and my poops are regular. This afternoon I have a doctor's visit scheduled and we'll get a good fix on how I've progressed over the last month. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

If you're new to this blog and wonder what's the big deal about a baby blogging about being a baby then I invite you to go here and find out the what, when, why, and how of me. I plan on updating at least two to three times a week. Of course there will be video and pictures so hopefully everyone can see and gauge my progress. Later, JSR.
Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Psalm 103:22 (ESV)

5 comments:

Jenny Ellison said...

I'm so glad your back posting again. Please tell your Daddy I like the layout. It's easy to read, but we need more pictures! Love, Mimi

Lynn Dean said...

Dear Jonathan -
First of all let me tell your mom and dad what a wonderful job they have done keeping me and my family up to date on your progress. I watched your entire progress in the NICU and I have shared it with many friends here at my office. Ther is another couple here that are dealing with some of the same issues that you had to deal with in the NICU and I forwarded your site to them so that it might help his mom and dad understand what is happening and it might help them to know God more, because I know that they are unchurched. I hope that it does open their eyes and know what a miracle he (their baby) is and what a gift he is going to be, all through God.

Oh, by the way my name is Lynn Dean and I have known your mom and dad for quite some time. We live in Tennessee and it was impossible for us to come and see you while you were in the hospital. I would have loved to, but it seemed that anytime we were in town, someone around us or one of us had a cold or something. There is no way we could have come to see you. With that said, let me introduce you to the rest of my family. Roger Dean, is my husband and we have 2 children of our own. Ashley - 18, and Tyson - 15. We all want to see you someday, and we will. Hopefully when we come into town next time!!
Jonathan - YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY BABY!! AND WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR PARENTS!! And we give glory to the Almighty God for helping you and them through this journey!!!
We love you and your parents and we will see you soon!! Till then KEEP ON GROWING!!!!!!!
Love, Lynn, Roger, Ashley & Tyson

Madie's Mom said...

Jonathon,

I came across your blog and love it. I am the mommy of a premmie. My daughter was born at 33 weeks and spent a month in St. Vincents NICU. I think you two would be able to share some stories with each other. She is now 2 years old and my blessing from God.

Please tell your mommy that I enjoy reading about you and that I understand what she is going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I look forward to watching you grow.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I missed you! I love the house rules idea! People thought I was nuts when I kept bottles of hand sanitizer all over my house when Brandon was born. But if you didn't get a squirt you didn't hold the baby, nuff said! And Brandon was born smack dab in the middle of winter so I had plenty of good reasons!

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon,

When the house rules come down we'll put on our steppin' out clothes and hit Dairy Queen. I think you're gonna like a Blizzard. And then we'll truck on over to Red Robin for a burger that's as tall as you are.

There's one thing about it, you have moved right in to the center of "food paradise" and any good Baptist can show you the way to Chick-fil-a or KFC for some of the Baptist bird.

That new found weight looks good on you. Now if it would just quit looking for me and crawling on these hips of mine I'd be fine.

Take care of your mama and be sweet to Annie.

Love,

your adopted Aunt Sooz